Family History Book Audit
A one-time coaching session to review and adjust your existing family history book design to take your project to the next level.
Designing a family history book is a bit of a juggling act. First, you need to integrate content and design in a way that sparks interest and engages your reader.
Then you need to make sure it’s aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-navigate, and a pleasure to read. You know it’s crucial to hook your reader initially, but you weren’t expecting design and formatting to be so complex.
If only you could get some creative direction to help you improve your work in progress…
...introducing the Family History Book Audit
It’s a one-time review of the cover and 20 pages of your family history book to provide you with creative direction and practical ways to improve your work to make a stunning first impression to engage your readers.
This package is for you if...
- You have created a family history book but aren’t quite sure how to visually take it to the next level.
- You’ve created your book in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva or InDesign.
- You’re looking to create family history books that are easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing, and a pleasure to read.
- You’re ready to invest time into building a beautiful, one-of-a-kind family history book.
What a Family History Book Audit includes
Creative direction on the overall design with suggestions for improvement to:
- Formatting (margins, styles, page structure etc.)
- Design (fonts, colours, image treatment etc.)
- Suggestions on where to include supporting graphics (stock photos, charts, quotes, info, and other family history graphics)
Once the audit is complete, you’ll receive:
- An updated version of your family history book file with adjustments made to the cover plus 20 internal pages
- A checklist of all suggestions as actionable tasks so you can make the same adjustments to the rest of the file
- Custom video demonstration of how to make the suggested changes to your file
- A 30-minute Zoom call (or similar) to run through the updated file and checklist.
- Recording of the call so you can refer back to it later.
- Audits are completed only on books created in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva or InDesign.
- The book audit will provide creative direction and isn’t a complete design or redesign of your project.
- Due to the custom nature of this service, all payments are final and non-refundable.
- This package does not include additional support other than those services outlined above.
- Turnaround will be 5-15 business days, depending on availability.
How it works
PHASE 1: PREP
After you purchase the Family History Book Audit package, you’ll receive an email with the pre-work questionnaire for you to complete. Your response will tell me
- why you are creating this book
- how you’ll be sharing it
- what you’re expecting from the audit.
You’ll also send me a copy of your work-in-progress (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva, or InDesign files only, please).
Within 24 hours of receiving the questionnaire and your file, I’ll be in touch with:
- any questions that I have about your responses or the file
- the date that you’ll receive the final results.
PHASE 2: AUDIT
I’ll complete the audit as outlined in the section above, “what a Family History Audit includes“.
PHASE 3: RESULTS
You’ll receive an email with a link to the training portal with the following:
- updated family history book file (cover plus 20 internal pages)
- checklist of suggestions
- video tutorial demonstrating how to make the changes.
You’ll also receive a link to book in a 30-minute Zoom call to run through the checklist and any final questions.
Within 72-hours, I’ll upload a recording of our call to your training portal.
Hi, I’m Prudence...
…a graphic designer and avid family history enthusiast with 25+ years experience in template and book design.
I help family historians bring their ancestors to life by converting genealogy research into engaging stories and beautiful heritage keepsakes.
I can’t wait to work with you to take your existing family history book to the next level.
Have a question or something to clarify before your book in your audit?
ALL PRICES SHOWN IN USD
Are you ready to schedule your Family History Book Audit today?