Family History Template Design
Invest in a custom-designed family history book template, content layout plan, plus personalised instruction guide and tutorial video, so you're ready to start creating your heritage keepsakes.
A family history book is often a once-in-a-lifetime project, so you want to create something that leaves a memorable impression.
You can pull something together, but your readers don’t seem interested, and it doesn’t look like your vision of a family history book. Not to mention that you still aren’t sure exactly how to organise all of your content.
If only you could get a family history book template created specifically for your content and ancestral stories…
...introducing the Family History Book Template Design service
For a fraction of the cost of a complete family history book design and format, I’ll create a robust template and layout plan so you can add the content yourself and leave your relatives in awe and amazed.
This package is for you if...
- You’re ready to create your family history book and have curated stories and photos to include.
- You are comfortable using either Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva or InDesign.
- You’re looking to create family history books that are easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing, and a pleasure to read.
- You’re ready to invest time into building a beautiful, one-of-a-kind family history book.
What the Family History Book Template Design service includes
Design and development of a ready-to-use Family History Book Template. The process includes:
- An initial 30-minute Zoom call (or similar) to establish your expectations and goals for this project
- Setting the foundation (page size, orientation etc.)
- Formatting (margins, styles, page structure etc.)
- Design (fonts, colours, image treatment etc.)
- Deciding what type of supporting graphics to include (stock photos, charts, quotes, info, and other family history graphics)
- Creating the layout plan
- One set design concepts (2 covers, 6-8 internal pages)
We’ll have several touch points during the process, and once it’s complete, you’ll receive:
- One blank template with content placeholders compatible with either Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva or InDesign
- A complete layout plan so you know how to organise and arrange your family history book
- Roadmap of suggested action steps to complete your project
- Custom video demonstration of how to use the template
- A 30-minute Zoom call (or similar) to run through template and any final questions you have.
- Recording of the call so you can refer back to it later.
- We will create templates in your choice of either Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva or InDesign.
- Turnaround will be 10-20 business days, depending on availability.
- We won’t send the template files until full payment is received. If you choose split payment, then you’ll receive your files after the second payment is received.
- You are responsible for inserting all content into the template and arranging the printing and production of the final book.
- This package does not include additional support other than the services outlined above.
- Due to the custom nature of this service, all payments are final and non-refundable.
How it works
PHASE 1: PREP
After you purchase the Family History Book Template design package, you’ll receive an email with the pre-work questionnaire for you to complete. Your response will tell me:
- which program that you want to use
- the type of content that you have
- what layouts to create
- the designs that inspire you.
You’ll also receive a link to book in our first call. During the first call:
- I’ll explain how the design process works
- We’ll audit your content
- I’ll answer any questions you have.
After our call, you’ll receive a schedule with the timeframes for decisions and deliverables.
PHASE 2: DESIGN
Now the fun part begins as you watch your book template come to life. I’ll create the layout plan and design concepts for the cover and 6 to 8 layouts for your feedback.
PHASE 3: DEVELOPMENT
Once the design is approved, I’ll convert it into a template for the program you chose, create the action step roadmap and video tutorial.
PHASE 4: RESULTS
Once full payment has been received, you’ll receive an email with a link to the training portal with the following:
- complete layout plan on how to organise and arrange your content
- ready-to-use family history book template
- roadmap of action steps to follow
- video tutorial demonstrating how to use the template.
You’ll also receive a link to book in a 30-minute Zoom call to run through the checklist and any final questions.
Within 72-hours, I’ll upload a recording of our call to your training portal.
Hi, I’m Prudence...
…a graphic designer and avid family history enthusiast with 25+ years experience in template and book design.
I help family historians bring their ancestors to life by converting genealogy research into engaging stories and beautiful heritage keepsakes.
I can’t wait to work with you to create the perfect family history book template for your project.
Have a question or something to clarify before you place your order?
ALL PRICES SHOWN IN USD
Are you ready to start creating your unique Family History Heritage Books?