—WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW—
- The template has been created for Microsoft Word and Google Docs (two templates, and you’ll receive both).
- You get instant access to an easy-to-understand instruction guide and step-by-step video tutorials.
- It’s available in two sizes—either 8.5 x 11 in (US file for North America) or 210 x 297mm (A4 file for everywhere else).
- The template is fully editable—use as is or change everything (graphic, colours, fonts etc.).
- It’s designed to customise to suit your ancestor’s story whether that’s one page or many.
- Included are pre-built family tree building blocks so you can make the perfect family tree to fit every ancestor.
A free library of graphic elements to further customise your Family History Summary. Use a different one for each family line or follow the instructions to create your own.
—EASY TO USE—
Use the default design to create a one-page summary in less than 10 minutes.
Step 1: Save the file to your templates folder
Step 2: Add a photo and a summary of your ancestor
Step 3: Adjust the starter tree and use the unique family tree building blocks to add your ancestor’s family tree.
Step 4: Follow the instructions to add as many pages as you need
Step 5: Save as a PDF and print or email to all your relatives.
—WHAT YOU’LL NEED—
- Microsoft Word software (from 2007 to Microsoft 365) (paid version, not compatible with free, online app) —OR—
- A free Google Account for access to Google Docs
—PLUS— Acrobat Reader app (or another PDF viewer) to open the instruction guide and help files. Acrobat Reader is free to download at get.adobe.com/reader.
—HOW DOES THIS WORK—
After purchase, you’ll receive immediate access to three (3) zip files.
Step 1. Download the zip files you want.
Step 2. Open with 7-Zip (or other unzip software)
Step 3. Follow the instructions in the Getting Started.pdf to start creating a Family History Summary for your ancestor.
What’s in the ZIP
- PNG files of graphic elements for the Family History Summary
- Microsoft Word—Getting Started Family History Summary.pdf
- Microsoft Word—The Help File Extras.pdf
- Google Docs—Getting Started Family History Summary.pdf
- Google Docs—The Help File Extras.pdf
NOTE: Links to the Google Docs templates are in the Getting Started file
—WHAT IF I NEED HELP—
Most questions can be answered in the included instruction guide and the video tutorials (artoffamilyhistory.com/faq). If you can’t find an answer to your question in these materials, submit a request for support to [email protected].
Your purchase includes a single-user personal license. Under this license, you may create unlimited Family History summaries for personal use and/or a single client. You may purchase this item as a gift; simply provide the end user with the download link. You cannot redistribute the files for financial gain.
©2017-2022 The Creative Family Historian. All Rights Reserved.
There are no reviews yet.